CAESAR RODNEY PHOTO MEDIA
Caesar Rodney
dirt road

... The district officially came into existence as State Consolidated District No. 1 on July 1, 1915 under the authority of a state consolidation law. Shortly thereafter residents of the area voted 52 to 1 to approve a $12,000 bond to supplement an $18,000 appropriation from the state for the construction of a new school building for grades one through twelve. Not long after that the school board adopted the name of Caesar Rodney for the district and school in honor of the Revolutionary War hero and statesman who had made his home near St. Jones Neck in the eastern part of the county....

Read the full story here








All photos taken by Ron Gough, CRS, except where otherwise noted.
For furthur info, contact Ron at ronald.gough@cr.k12.de.us.



Photo app created by Tobi Oetiker.