Recognizing the value of each individual, and building upon our commitment to excellence, the Caesar Rodney School District is dedicated to the mission of preparing students for a successful, productive and purposeful life in a diverse, global community by:
- Providing quality educational opportunities for all students; and
- Promoting caring attitudes through the school community.
Long Range Goals
- Achieve and maintain a Commendable or Superior rating for all schools and the District in the Delaware School Accountability System.
- Continue to provide quality curriculum and instructional opportunities for all students to enable them to meet State standards.
- Maintain a safe environment in an atmosphere of caring discipline.
- Provide opportunities that encourage a partnership of families, staff members, students, and the community.
- Maintain a strong financial position necessary to support the needs of the District.
- Meet or exceed the Annual Yearly Progress (AYP) targets and State Progress Determination (SPD) goals in all core content areas in the school accountability system, with emphasis on the special education cell.
Caesar Rodney School District Key Priorities for 2012-2013:
1. To close the achievement gap for all students with special emphasis in the 2012-2013 school year on closing the gap for our special education students.
2. To successfully implement the Chinese Immersion program at McIlvaine Early Childhood Center and introduce Foreign Language opportunities at the Middle Schools.
3. To continue the implementation of the District’s Race to the Top Plan by:
a. Continuing to support and refine Professional Learning Communities.
b. Continuing the process of implementing the Common Core standards in ELA and Mathematics.
c. Exploring ways to sustain programs and initiatives after the loss of “Race to the Top” funding.
4. To implement the Districts Enrichment Program – providing educational opportunities to enhance learning for all students.
District SMART Goals:
1. Meet subgroup targets via reduction in percent non-proficient or growth for 2013 – Table D and Table E ESEA flexibility.
- Note: cell size = 30 for 2012-2013 for AYP calculation
2. Meet graduation rate requirements for ALL students and ALL subgroups – Table F of ESEA flexibility.
3. In grades k-8, maintain average daily attendance to >90% .